iCodeRobots the new and exciting robotic training company which combines the expertise of actual Robotic Engineers and Lego Education curriculum to inspire children in robotics.
Sign up to our awesome taster day at Loughborough University London!
In this beginner-friendly event with the team from iCodeRobots and industry expert Stuart Swan LEGO® Education Academy Certified Trainer, go from zero knowledge to building robots and controlling them with your very own coding hands. Take your first steps into the wonderful world of Robotics! Learn the basics of coding, upload your code into a real robot and watch it take life!
There are two separate workshops taking place, see below for details and how to book the one you require.
- 10.30 – 11.45: Welcome and Workshop using WeDo 2.0
The workshop will be a build exercise where attendees will explore the power and sensor functions of the LEGO WeDo resource and learn to program their robotic creations. Working in pairs.
Age requirement: 7 – 10
Maximum number: 24
- 12.00 – 1.30: Welcome and Workshop using EV3 Mindstorms
This workshop will be a challenge-based one, where attendees will work in teams of 2 or 3 to design, build and program, a robotic vehicle. They will then be set a number of coding challenges to make their vehicle perform certain tasks, including using motors, and sensors to interact with its environment.
Age requirement: 9 – 12
Maximum number: 24
ALSO ON THE DAY
- Meet some of our incredible staff
- Attend a short lecture on LEGO® Education by Stuart Swann – LEGO® Education Academy Certified Trainer and Vice Chair of NAPE (National Association for Primary Education)
- See some ready built Mindstorms
- View the specialist facilities at Loughborough University London
- And finally, fun!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The event is specifically aimed at children aged 7 – 12