We’re so excited about this launch! iCodeRobots will hold Lego Boost workshops and getting started classes later this year.
Boost seems to be an extension of what Lego Education has already done with WeDo 2.0 but easier to learn than Lego® Mindstorm EV3. We really love the focus on building and play making Lego Boost perfect for younger children.
Here are the details:
Combine the versatile LEGO® building system with advanced technology to boost your creativity with the awesome LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox. Download the free tablet app to your device and follow the step-by-step instructions to build and code any of the 5 multifunctional models. Experience Vernie the Robot—a moving and talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Bring your creations to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. This set also includes a playmat for use with specific activities, and a LEGO BOOST wall poster!
Take your LEGO® play to the next level with the amazing LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox. Build and code interactive, motorized robots, models and creations with distance, color and tilt sensor technologies.
• Includes over 840 LEGO® pieces, plus a LEGO Move Hub, Interactive Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor.
• Move Hub features Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, two encoded motors, activation button, internal tilt sensor and a light.
• Interactive Motor is an encoded motor.
• Color & Distance Sensor detects distance, motion and color, and can also function as a light.
• Check out the cool white, orange and blue color scheme.
• Rotate Vernie’s head to activate its shoulder-mounted spring-loaded shooter.
• Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and try out the different tool and customization attachments to prepare the vehicle for an array of exciting activities.
• Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
• Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food—or it might get upset!
• Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
• Build and code robots and models, and complete exciting activities with the playmat and intuitive LEGO® BOOST app, available for iOS and Android tablet devices.
• Easy-to-use intuitive software with icon-based drag-and-drop coding interface.
• Building instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO® BOOST app.
• This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
• Vernie the robot stands over 10” (27cm) tall.
• M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
• Guitar4000 measures over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
• Frankie the Cat stands over 6” (17cm) tall.
• The AutoBuilder measures over 10” (27cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 6” (16cm) wide